There are a few options to leave the Bali airport. The one we will cover over here is the Bali airport taxi.
In this post we will have a look at;
- What are the rates for a Bali airport taxi.
- Where you can I find the Bali airport taxi.
- Who are the Bali airport taxi.
Continue here if you are looking for alternative ways to leave the Bali airport other than the the Bali airport taxi.
Bali airport taxi rates.
The Bali airport taxi charge a fixed rate depending on your destination. These fixed rates are published on a big plastic signboard at the taxi counter. When you get to the airport taxi counter you will need to tell the clerk where you go and he will quote you the price.
You get a piece of paper with the number of your taxi written on and often the price as well. The payment is to the taxi driver at the end of the ride.
These are the prices on the first and second board. Check your hotel location and note the number and price. When you get to the counter you will be ready to negotiate if they give you a different rate.
- Ayana Resort at Rp 150,000
- Amanusa / Mulia / Tanjung Benia at Rp 175,000
- Batu Bulan station at Rp 175,000
- Canggu (Pererenan) at Rp 225,000
- Candidasa at Rp 425,000
- Dyana Pura (Hotel Royal Seminyak) at Rp 120,000
- Denpasar I (Teuku Umar) at Rp 125,000
- Denpasar II (Renon, Tanjung Bunggkak, Kreneng) at Rp 135,000
- Denpasar III (Jl. Nangka Seletan, Jl. Ratna, Kesiman) at Rp 150,000
- Denpasar IV (Sekar Tunjung, Tohpati, Penatih) at Rp 175,000
- Gatsu at Rp 165,000
- Gatsu Timur / Tohpati at Rp 175,000
- Jimbaran I (Intercontinental) at Rp 100,000
- Jimbaran II (Jl. Uluwatu II, Four Season) at Rp 125,000
- Jimbaran III (Harris Hotel) at Rp 150,000
- Kedonganan at Rp 85,000
- Kuta I (Discovery, Bakungsari, Kuta Square) at Rp 70,000
- Kuta II (North border until Jl. Melasti, Banjar Pelasa) at Rp 80,000
- Legian (Jl. Padma until Jakakarta Hotel) at Rp 95,000
- Nusa Dua (BTDC) at Rp 150,000
- Nikko Bali at Rp 185,000
- Oberoi / Kerobokan at Rp 150,000
- Padang Bai at Rp 400,000
- Pecatu / Uluwatu at Rp 225,000
- Seminyak (Pantai Double Six, Bintang) at Rp 110,000
- Sanur area at Rp 150,000
- Tanah Lot / Le Meridien at Rp 300,000
- Tuban at Rp 55,000
- Ungasan / Uluwatu at Rp 200,000
- Ubud center at Rp 300,000
- Umalas / Banjar Semer / Kuwun at Rp 135,000
- Amlapura at Rp 510,000
- Blah Batuh at Rp 270,000
- Banglli at Rp 300,000
- Blahkiuh / Sangeh at Rp 230,000
- Bedugul at Rp 400,000
- Celukan Bawang at Rp 750,000
- Candidasa at Rp 425,000
- Gilimanuk at Rp 750,000
- Gianyar at Rp 280,000
- Kediri at Rp 250,000
- Kapal / Sibang / Darmasaba at Rp 175,000
- Kintamani at Rp 450,000
- Klungkung at Rp 300,000
- Lovina at Rp 650,000
- Mengwi / Taman Ayun at Rp 185,000
- Mambal at Rp 180,000
- Medewi at Rp 500,000
- Negara at Rp 600,000
- Pemuteran / Matahari Resort at Rp 850,000
- Payangan at Rp 350,000
- Padang Bai at Rp 400,000
- Singaraja Kota at Rp 550,000
- Sempidi / Dalung at Rp 170,000
- Sukawati at Rp 175,000
- Taro / Sebatu at Rp 400,000
- Tulamben / Amed / Alamanda at Rp 750,000
- Tabanan Kota at Rp 300,000
- Tanah Lot / BNR at Rp 300,000
- Tegalalang at Rp 350,000
- Ubud Center at Rp 300,000
There is also the option for the meter to be turned on although they make it complicated probably because they want to discourage this.
Where can I find the Bali airport taxi.
To get the least chance of being overcharged you need to book your taxi at the official counter. If you book your taxi from a random taxi driver then there is a high chance that you will be overcharged.
- International Arrival Terminal; the taxi counter is after you exit the arrival terminal through the glass sliding doors and after you walk zig-zag through the “Dufry Shopping” arcade where they sell sweets and alcohol. The counter is right next to the information desk.
- Domestic Arrival Terminal; the airport taxi counter is again after you exit the glass sliding doors and then turn to your left.
Who are the people behind the Bali airport taxi.
At the Bali airport there is one official taxi operator called the “Koperasi Taksi Ngurah Rai” or more commonly named the Bali airport taxi.
This is group of individual drivers who have agreed to work together and set a certain standard of services. They all drive the same cars, wear the same uniform and charge (mostly) the same rates.
The Bali airport taxi pay a license fee to Angkasa Pura I. Angkasa Pura is the state enterprise responsible for the management of airports in Indonesia. As they are the only ones paying this license fee they;
- charge higher than regular taxis to recover the license fee.
- are very protective of their business (they don’t like other unlicensed drivers take business).
As of July 2015 there are actually three other taxi companies at the domestic arrival terminal. They are colour coded (red, green, yellow) and appear to charge the same rates as the Bali airport taxi. They only do small business.
How much is the fare from the Bali Airport to the Holiday Inn Resort Bali Benoa (located in Tanjung Benoa)?
we are 4 people arriving into Bali at 21.10 hours on the 1 st of july. Ho much is taxi drop to hotel saren indah hotel
We are coming to the Denpasar airport on September 7th at 5.30pm. Can you please tell me how much you charge to the tgampuhan hotel in ubud?
We will arrive in Bali in the next few days at 11:45 PM. How much should the taxi fare (for 3 people) be for a trip from the airport to Sun Island Hotel & Spa Kuta (which is 3.4 Km north of the airport).
Thanks and regards.
Hello I am arriving to Bali on sep 19 2019 at 10:20pm and will be straying at a hotel in semiyak area what’s the rate for that?
Hi, 4 people on Jan 17th to Agastina Resort near Double 6, arriving at 2130, quote please for transfer
You can contact us at email@example.com or get a quote direct from our homepage through our quote calculator – http://www.topbali.com
Please put Balian Beach on your list.. thanks
How much from airport hotel to grand inna kuta?
We arrive tomorrow at 9:00pm. How much should they charge from Bali Airpot to Serenity Guest House in Canggu?
Thank you 🙂